Friday, November 7, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself...

             My name is Kayla, but my friends call me almost everything but that. Baby Kay, Kiesh (don't ask), and Kelledge are the most commonly used from my plethora of nicknames.On September 13, 1995 my lovely life began, making me that awkward age of nineteen. I mean let's be real, 19 could quite possibly be the most confusing age ever. I am somewhere between being a teenager and being an adult...I'm still trying to figure that out. Anyways, I was born and raised in Greenville, SC and was blessed with an incredible family (incredibly crazy that is..hahah) who I love dearly. I am currently trying out the whole college thing and am in the process of deciding whether or not it's for me. Working behind a desk and staring at a computer screen has just never been appealing to me. As cheesy as it may sound all I really want to do in life is give people hope and be a light others lives. As far as how I am going to accomplish that...well that's what I'm in the process of figuring out. Now that you know a little about where I came from and where I am in my life currently, I'll get to the more interesting stuff.
                 Dance has played a major roll in shaping me into the young lady I am today. I have been dancing since I was 2 years old, that's 17 whole years! Wowza. People always ask me "so you do like that ballerina stuff and stand on your toes and like shake your booty right?" as they feel the need to try to demonstrate each one of these to me (which I find quite hysterical.) I usually answer back with one of my "what the heck" stares, haha.  On a more serious note, I trained in ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip hop, etc.You name it, I've done it. I was blessed with an absolutely incredibly humble studio who gives all the glory to God. It is filled with the sweetest of girls who's never ending support is something that is so rare. This sisterhood is something I would have never had if it wasn't for dance. While all my friends were out doing normal elementary,middle,and high school things  these girls and I were always dancing our tales off. Im talking 6 to 7 days a week. This really disciplined me in so many areas of my life and taught me what it was like to be committed to something. So much of my strength and willpower has been a result of this incredible art. Dance is something I am SO passionate about and it has always been my dream to pursue it professionally. I am teaching classes while attending school so that I can keep it up in hopes of one day maybe moving out to Cali and pursuing it as a career. But i have completely given that decision to Jesus, so who knows what will happen! I don't want to go into too much detail because I am planning on dedicating  a whole post to dancing later on, but I felt the need to go ahead and share a tidbit about it, since it plays such a major role in my life.
                  Another main quality of mine is my adventurous spirit. I have a heart for exploring and trying new things. Spontaneous adventures with my friends occur weekly. I am lucky enough to have friends who are just as adventurous as myself. Hiking, mountain jeep rides, and spontaneous lake days are just a few of my favorite things to do.I feel like when God made me he was like "I'm going to make this girl curious" because boy am I. I am so interested about the world and what it has to offer. I constantly crave the freedom that comes along with the outdoors and 'adventuring' as I like to call it. There is just something about escaping reality and going somewhere without all the chaos and ruckus of people. It provides this insane calmness that I can't even describe.  I am always striving to get the most out of this life and my adventurous spirit definitely plays a vital role in that. I never got to travel much when I was little, so I think that plays a huge part in all this and explains why I long to 'go go go' all the time. I hope to travel and explore the world one day. I feel like Jesus put this love for adventuring in my heat for a reason and is going to use it for something big one day. For now, my little adventures will do and will continue to satisfy me. Sunset chasing and star gazing are by far my two favorite hobbies at the moment, and not to mention perfect date ideas. (cough cough boys)
                  Now that  I've told you plenty of facts about myself and shared all  my favorite hobbies, now I want to to tell you the most important and greatest thing about me and that is JESUS. My relationship with the Lord is the most important thing in my life and is something I value more than anything. I honestly believe that in order to be fully satisfied with yourself and your life you must find your identity in Jesus. Once you start basing your worth on other things- like relationships, sports, etc- you will never feel fully complete. My main mission in life is to share this and the unfailing love of our incredible father to people like you. Because guys, there is nothing like it. Many people ask me how I keep a positive attitude and how I am so stress free most of the time.My answer? Jesus! I find my worth in him and trust him with anything that life throws at me. I believe with my whole heart that he's got my back, so there's no need to worry. I give him the glory for all that I do and am forever grateful to be a daughter of the king.
                     Okay, I know I just threw out a ton of information about myself. So to sum it all up, I'm just an average dancer, adventurer, and Jesus lover trying to live an unordinary and spectacular life. I've started this blog to share inspiring thoughts, stories, and advice that will (fingers crossed) touch people's hearts and help them too live GOLDEN lives. By golden I mean lives full of joy, happiness, and fulfillment. Honestly, I don't even know If anyone will ever see this blog and I could quite possibly be talking to myself. Regardless, I enjoy writing and getting my thoughts out. If indeed you are reading this because I have decided to share this blog or you have just stumbled upon it, you have just witnessed my first blog ever. I'm stoked and sending lots of love your way!
-Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment